RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I have noticed that when pulling back the auto gearshift it has started to not securely click into D drive. I first noticed it when sitting in “N” in traffic, then when I thought I had put it into D, it wasn’t in gear. If I then “reclick” it into D it is then usually ok - until the next time. 110k miles. Gearbox and transfer boxes oil and filter replaced as pre emptive maintenance at 75-80k miles.
Help!

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,166 Posts
Year? Sounds like your shifter cable/rod is slightly out of adjustment. How you fix it depends on which year truc you have.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
292 Posts
I think the title states 2007 MY. Pbiggs, out of curiosity why are you putting the car in neutral while in traffic? Any particular reason?

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,166 Posts
This is all the shifter lever does in normal shift mode (from the service manual);

SELECTOR POSITION SWITCH

The Mechatronic valve block contains a position switch which is mechanically connected to the selector spool valve. The selector spool valve is connected by a selector shaft to the selector lever via a 'Bowden' selector cable. The signals from the position switch are used by the TCM to determine the P, R, N or D selection made by the driver.

Selector Cable
The selector cable is a Bowden type cable that connects the selector lever to the manual selector spool valve. A 'C' clip secures the outer cable to the selector lever assembly. The inner cable is secured to an arm which is connected to the selector lever via a 'U' shaped bracket and pin. The transmission end of the outer cable is secured to a bracket on the transmission by a clamp nut. The transmission has an operating lever which is attached to and operates the manual selector control spool valve. The inner cable is attached to the operating lever by a clamp bush and locknut. The clamp bush allows for the adjustment of the selector cable.

Heres the adjustment procedure from the workshop manual (Says 4.2L but its the same for both gas engine sizes)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts