Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have just updated my 2003 petrol V8 4.4l. Have been absolutely delighted with it especially as brought on Ebay dealers disposal. Can't say I am as pleased with the replacement 2007 although is a minter but its a horrid diesel v8 struggles for 22 mpg yes goes and stops well but I will never never have another. Brought an 05 Supercharged sport as a consolation and am delighted with that.

Sorry about all the dribble I wonder if anyone could tell me if its normal on the diesel one to have quite a significant amount of engine braking below 30 mph hardly need the brakes. At least it would put my mind at rest about this aspect of it. Thanks. 2 Rangies

·
RIP Our Friend
27,834 Posts
Sounds more like you have an issue with dragging brakes or a parking brake issue. There should be no struggle for 22MPG nor should there be a significant change in braking at lower speeds. Often is a rig has sat for long periods or rarely used items like caliper pins can corrode and cause sticking calipers. It might be a good idea to go end to end and check the condition of everything. FOr the calipers a quick clean, polish and grease of the slide pins will most likely free anything up.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
32 Posts
I have a TDV8 2006 and normal use will return between 25-27mpg, been towing heavy loads at weekends recently and even then its only pushed down to about 23mpg. Its by far the best LR vehicle I've ever bought, just had 4 new Pirelli Scorpions fitted and this has reduced the road noise and the mpg is also creeping up a bit!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts