Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our 2007 HSE has the OEM towing package. The manual says that the hitch drop must be between 2.5 and 5.5 inches as measured down from the top of the receiver. We want to buy a trailer that looks like it is going to need a hitch rise of about 1 to 2 inches. I see on several threads that rises have been used, but I want to be sure I am not getting in trouble here. Trailer is around 5000 pounds empty, 6000 pounds loaded, tongue weight 500 pounds. All weights are below the maximums the manual references. Thanks, Bruce

·
Registered
2007 HSE
389 Posts
I believe you should be fine as long as the components you're using (ball, pin, ball mount) are all rated appropriately. Easiest thing may be to run by the RV center and confirm with them that the rise you're planning and components you're using are OK. The only other thing to plan for will be the brake controller since it's not part of the OEM set-up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I am thinking that too. RV dealer says it should be fine as well. Looks to me the manual was written not contemplating a rise, just a drop. My guess is the limits are to keep the force roughly in line with the receiver, but there may be some other reason as well. Anyone got experience towing a relatively heavy trailer with a hitch rise?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts