RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I'd like to upgrade my current xenon bulbs to some new Phillips ones but I can't find any information about what bulbs are they, some websites say they're D1S, some say D2S and some other ones say they're D3S, my RR is a 2007 TDV8 with adaptive Bi Xenon headlights. Any help would greatly appreciated

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, the main is an H7 as I replaced one of them, but didn't need to touch the dipped lights so don't know.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,727 Posts
Well you could always pull one out and compare it to ones at your local auto store. I would caution comparing to internet photos because they are not always accurate to the bulb you wanting... file photos. Something to take into account is that you have Xenon not bixenon headlamps. Xenon is a single bulb for dip beam and usually a halogen for main beam. Bixenon uses a single bulb for both and either moves the bulb downward for dip or raises a shutter for main.

·
Registered
631 Posts
They are Bi-Xenon aren't they?

My understanding was that a regular xenon bulb had a shutter in front of it to sharply cut off light above a certain hight, making it only cast light at the ground. Giving that sharp line of no light when you pull up against a wall for example.

And Bi-Xenon has a motor for the shutter which moves or flips the shutter out of the way when you switch your high beams on. My 06 SC is this way. And the H7 "high beam" bulbs also come on.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,727 Posts
The motor is to adjust the positioning of Xenon bulb when you have adaptive lights. No adaptive lights, no motor just the stationary bulb. This is why we get posts that folks with adaptive lighting have one bulb pointing at the ground. Either motor has failed or the rod connected to the bulb socket has come free. There are also only a few options for second gen headlamp assemblies. The base model halogen, Xenon without adaptive and Xenon with adaptive.

So does your 2006 have an actual shutter? If so I would be surprised... but then again the US market has always been behind in lighting tech certification. Look how long it took to have anything but filament sealed beams in the States. Car companies had a choice of round or rectangle and no halogen.

·
Registered
631 Posts
They are adaptive Bi-Xenon. My original 06 SC headlights had the function, and the 2012 headlight assemblies do to.

http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/post160672.html

Here's a link with some info. Just the quickest thing I found on Google.

Am I wrong? I'll have to disconnect my high beam bulbs and flick between hi and low and see one night.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,727 Posts
I have no idea if you are wrong. I've just never seen a second gen with a shutter and bi-zenon is not an option in either of my parts listings. Then again base model hologens have a headlamp housing replacement and i know I;ve never those in the second gen either.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They definitely are adaptive Bi Xenon, just never had a chance to check the bulb, but after enough lurking the web I'm 95% sure they're D1S haha

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,727 Posts
LMAO... yea... which bulb was the original question. :lol:

I guess LR and parts houses don't use the "bi" prefix. Happy to learn something new every day! Thanks guys.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts