RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any alternatives to the $200 trailer wiring kit to get basic stop lights and blinkers working on my trailer? I very rarely pull a trailer, but have one such occasion coming up and would like to avoid spending $200 on what may very well be a one-time use item. 2006 Range Rover if that helps and the trailer does not have brakes. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
952 Posts
I think you're stuck getting the LR harness installed. I complained when I had mine done but I've used it 20 times since then so I'm glad I did it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
It is absolutely worth it. The module connects the trailer to the truck, vehicle performance is modified for a trailer by the engine, transmission and suspension which is critical to towing. It also self checks the lights and comes with two adapters, one for 7 pin heavy duty and a 4 pin slotted to cover most trailers.

·
Registered
53 Posts
thought I would dig up this old post..searched and read other related posts.....checking in to see if there have been any other thougts or alternatives..need to get a trailer wiring adaptor for my 2006..amazed at the range of prices at "all the usual rover supplers" for the 2006-2009 vs the 2003-2005 and 2010......is this still the only option...seeing ranges from $195 "atbputah" to $319 at "AB"...do not have the trailer yet..not sure if lights are LED or normal bulbs...sounds like if LED..need another part.

While I am at it...reason for the harnes need is contemplating a boat purchase...5500-6000 lbs....trailer has surge brakes...(not electrical...when step on brakes in rover...mechanism in trailer tongue applies double axle brakes) but what tongue weight would you guys feel comfortable with....it is a 26ft boat with very good size aluminum trailer..not doing long hauls...just a few miles from ramp to home...but worried about EAS..thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
521 Posts
I barked at the $200 harness for my 05 as well, but after installing (about an hour), this was really a well thought out kit. Everything is right where you expect it to be. No fabrication, bending, cutting etc, it just goes in where it is supposed to. The instructions suck, but I used the RR.net documented procedure which helped out alot...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts