RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 161 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning to convert by 2006 Supercharged Fullsized Range Rover to the 2010 Overfinch Model.

Trying to get the conversion parts now and placed my order for the new Overfinch kit with Mark at Overfinch USA today.

Mark is a great guy so helpful with the million of questions I asked him.

So here is my car stock except for the 24" iForged Wheels before the conversion.

I will be posting pics and steps along the way for the others that want may want to attempt this conversion.

Here are my starting pictures

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
darrinturner said:
So after paint and parts, what are you spending?
around 14k after painting, not including selling my stock headlights, grill, side vents, rear tail lights, front bumper etc.

The actual conversion to 2010 is not that bad, its the overfinch components that are expensive but I love the look.

Plus it makes no sensor to sell my car for 35k right now and then buy a new 2010 for $95k and then add the almost 10k for the overfinch kit.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gazellio said:
I think I would spend the 12k on upgradng to a stock 2008..... :eek:
Yes but then its just a stock 2008. I only have 25k miles on my 2006 supercharged right now.

The way I do it now, it will be the new 2010 style with the overfinch kit.

Just saw a few pictures of one online. So beautiful

FULL OVERFINCH KIT

photos courtesy of SR AUTO Group

·
Registered
201 Posts
Having seen the real Holland and Holland Overfinch in the flesh ..... you can keep it. About as useful offroad as a chocolate fireguard, stupid front and rear skirts, and a spoiler on the rear....for a vehicle that probably has a *lower* 0-60 than the standard 5.0SC due to the 1/2 a ton of wood in it.... just looks tacky. Sorry guys! This is a Range Rover - an OFFROAD vehicle. If you want a pimp mobile, buy an X6 <snigger>

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thrasher said:
Having seen the real Holland and Holland Overfinch in the flesh ..... you can keep it. About as useful offroad as a chocolate fireguard, stupid front and rear skirts, and a spoiler on the rear....for a vehicle that probably has a *lower* 0-60 than the standard 5.0SC due to the 1/2 a ton of wood in it.... just looks tacky. Sorry guys! This is a Range Rover - an OFFROAD vehicle. If you want a pimp mobile, buy an X6 <snigger>
Yes I totally see your point. I guess there are just two types of people who own Range Rovers. My Range Rover will never see the offroad it is my daily driver to work. I doubt 24" wheels and low profile tires would even survive the test track outside the Land Rover dealership. I just want a pimp mobile. HA HA HA

·
Registered
41 Posts
RWDRIFT, can you tell me approximately the price, only for the bodykit? I'm planning on upgrading myself to an overfinch kit, on my new car!

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The Overfinch kit is approx 10.5K not including labor and install. I have a shop that I am working with that is sponsoring me on the work, and I am a spokesperson for BASF paint so I get the paint at no charge.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thrasher said:
I'm not sure where you live, but over here in the UK we have roads, with uneven surfaces. 24" wheels with rubber bands would be horrible here......talk about a harsh ride :shock:

I live in Southern California so the roads are probably definitely a little nicer than in the UK.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
3R10 said:
so, it is 10.5k usd with or without grill and headlights+rear lights
Yes that does not include the factory parts for the 2010 conversion.

The overfinch kit is made for the 2010 rover, so I first have to convert my car over to 2010 and then do the overfinch kit.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Not really my style but I can appreciate your enthusiasm for the project. I've always found Overfinch to be the European version of Pimp my Ride. Good luck with it though.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Not for me either but I must admit to kinda liking the pictures of the 2010 O/F apart from the 24" Wheels....Think of of it as a completely different Brand/Model and this project should not really offend anyone `)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If you guys think this car is too much pimp my ride, you are going to totally slam my last project car that I built for Mobil 1 Oil.

Full Techart GT Street Porsche Turbo painted GT3RS Green

1 - 20 of 161 Posts