RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If im in the wrong forum, i apologize.I have the opportunity to purchase a 2006 range rover, supercharged for a very good price. mileage is at approximately 62,000. This vehicle has some issues which i need help addressing before considering a serious purchase. I don't know how much it will set me back in terms of $ to fix these issues:1-air suspension failure2-new tires needed3-new battery needed4-new key needed5- the car has been sitting for over a year, not sure what other issues may need to be addressed.I have no experience with range rover vehicles so i need a bit of help trying to determine what my out of pocket expenses may be. I figure tires may be approx. $230 each, battery on the high end $300 but have no idea about air suspension or keys.thanks to all

·
Administrator
27,821 Posts
There's not enough info to venture a guess. We have no clue what is wrong with the air suspension. It could be under $100 or over $1K. With no clue there's no way to estimate. Key/s will be whatever one of the NY dealer is going to charge. Do you need one or two? you have a singular in the middle and plural at the end. Does it come with any keys? Prices vary greatly between dealers. You will need to call around.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont know whats wrong with the air suspension. I was told its possible it sat too long (over a year) which caused the suspension to fail.
there are no keys at this time. I would need at least one key, my preference is to have two made at the same time. I'm assuming i need to have the car towed to the dealership before they can cut me a key?

·
Administrator
27,821 Posts
The dealer orders keys in from the UK. They come preprogrammed and are around $300-$400 depending on the dealer's mark up. You can sync them yourself using the directions found on this site.

Quite Frankly it sound like this thing is a neglected money pit. Did they park it just because it needed tires? Does it run well? Any service history? Something is just not right in this picture that it has no keys at all.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Ask them who maintained it and try to talk to that shop. I just paid $9500 for my 2006 HSE with 180,000km on it here in Canada. The super charger is more expensive to repair and eats more fuel. While the mileage is great, as mentioned things seem very odd, part of an estate sale gone sideways?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts