RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hello I hope this gets some views and possibly a lot of good replies as well I just picked up a 2006 Range Rover Supercharged with the 4.2 Jaguar Engine and the Engine was blown out. I already purchased a new engine for it from a 2009 Jaguar XF! And I just wanted to know if there is anything that I should know before doing this swap out like first off I would like to know is it just an oil pan swap and a few pulleys or is there more than that involved?

Also on the engine pulling side I have seen a few videos and a couple of forums that showed some people doing the engine pull without removing the body from the chassis and I’m certain that it can be done my biggest question is how much work is involved as well as is there an easier way to pull the engine out of the vehicle.

do I have to go the long way about it and Unbolt the axles pulling and reinstalling the suspension and I think the trans bell housing area manifolds exhaust and whatnot....! Because as of now it’s looking like it could be at least a 4 day job from the way that I see it because it looks to me that the axle goes straight through the bottom of the oil pan so I’m just trying to see if there’s a way that I could pull the engine without removing the oil pan since that looks to be the central point that everything is bolted to or is there an easier way to unbolt everything and pull the engine... Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated thank you for taking time out to read my post!

·
Administrator
27,821 Posts
When practicing your Google search and forum searches you need to pay attention to your search results

The L322 is not the model you remove the body from for major repairs. that is the Sport L320.

Likewise there are no drive lines through the oil pan on the 4.4 or 4.2 jag engines, that was the previous generation L322 with BMW engine

I would suggest you download the 2007-2009 workshop manual. link is in the FAQ stickie above. it is closest thing to a 2006 manual.

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,244 Posts
And while you're reading.....Maybe add the guidelines to this forum to the list. It clearly says to add your location to your posts signature etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts