RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again folks, I recently picked up a 2006 RR Supercharged. I mistakenly put music CDs in the DVD player in the trunk. I thought it was back there, and that the unit plays both CDS and DVDs and didn't know it was in the glovebox. Regardless, I ejected it without a problem the first time. The button lit up blue and I stacked it with CDs. After realizing my mistake, I tried ejecting the cartridge, but now it A) doesn't light up, and B) makes a noise a few seconds after pressing the button but it doesn't push itself out. Is there a trick to get it out? A manual method? I tried searching but didn't come up with much. It doesn't looks jammed in any way, just not pushing itself out. Thanks

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
938 Posts
Just an idea. On my 2003 R/R when you try to change CD's too quickly the do jam. You gotta wait till
the first CD is loaded before ejecting it or it will feed two at a time. What I did was give it a good whack with a screwdriver handle or similar, right on the front, right next to the sliding door.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
You should be able to play music CDs in the DVD changer no problem (you won't get an image of course, just a blue screen displayed on the headrest monitors showing track # being played), so the fact that you loaded the magazine with CDs instead of DVDs should not be an issue. When you first insert the magazine in the changer, the discs quickly scroll through the mechanism one by one, as the player checks to see which slots are filled and which are empty for the GUI on the front touchscreen. I don't believe it is possible to eject the magazine right after you insert it because of this operation, which takes a couple of minutes to complete. Have you tried ejecting the magazine since earlier today? Do the CDs load and play when you select them from the head unit?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It just shows an empty try on the screen. No image, no ability to select different disc numbers. Nada.

It finally lit up blue trying to eject, but still no dice. Im not sure what I can do further

1 - 4 of 4 Posts