RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I need help replacing Air Con Compressor on 4.2L Supercharged Range Rover. Mine is sanden PXV16 style.

I have Rave, but illustrations look slightly different. I'm thinking that it Rave covers BMW Engines, but doesn't seem to cover Jag 4.2.

I also have newer manual, but the instructions are essentially "remove Compressor." It doesn't address if it is removed from top, or bottom. If multiple components need to be removed to fit it out.

Thanks In advance,

LL

·
Administrator
27,794 Posts
2006 was a one off year. BMW subsystems on the new Ford drive train. I know there is 2006 manual out there I have just not seen a link or source for it. One the rare occasions I have a 2006 in the shop I use the 2007-2010 manual. Link for that download is in the FAQ stickie at the top of this forum. Detailed directions are in section 412-03A and has a hyperlink in the table of contents. Removal of the compressor starts on page 2119.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you RRToadhall for help. I downloaded the manual, and sure I can figure it out. Do you know if compressor is removed from bottom, or top? It looks to big to fit out.

Thanks Again!

LL

·
Administrator
27,794 Posts
I believe it is from the bottom. Might be a good idea to park in wading height. Remove the air cleaner, lines, disconnect the clutch harness. If you need more room raise the Rover and use cribbing or stands. Remove the splash shield, , remove the belt, rotate the tensioner out of the way, loosen the front bolt from the mount, it will remain with the compressor and remove two others. You can pull the compressor away from the mount then remove 4 or five more bolts and pull the compressor out. Then you can remove the front bolt.

I am sure I forgot something in the mix. I looked up section and page in the shop but I am down at our other property with out any files.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts