RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a 2006 RRS. Bought it new and have loved it. No real problems to speak of, and no electrical issues. It seems obvious that it was built under Ford's watchful eye.

I love the look and upgrades to the 2010 RRS, however, I am skeptical. I know what I am running from, but don't know what I am running to. I have read the issues with the 2010 and wonder if I should wait until 2011.

Would love to hear opinions.

·
Registered
543 Posts
SS.

Dude, stick to your ride - or otherwise update to the more reliable '07/'08 models ! I believe the next 2013 RRS will be better ?

Saw details last week Friday on www.carpoint.com.au for the Hybrid version due from Land Rover next decade first in the RRS.

Cheerio,

Vinniman.
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.

·
Registered
318 Posts
silversiren said:
I currently have a 2006 RRS. Bought it new and have loved it. No real problems to speak of, and no electrical issues. It seems obvious that it was built under Ford's watchful eye.

I love the look and upgrades to the 2010 RRS, however, I am skeptical. I know what I am running from, but don't know what I am running to. I have read the issues with the 2010 and wonder if I should wait until 2011.

Would love to hear opinions.
The extra 100 hp is tempting, but my '07 (touch wood) has been great for us and it runs great. It will become my wife's daily driver in the next week...

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hello everyone.
Back on the forums from a very extended absence.

I owned a 07 S/C RRS and loved it, even with the suspenstion knocks. The lease was up on it in March so we opted for the 2010 S/C RRS and so far I haven't had any problems, knock on wood. I love the new interior, the seats are much more comfortable, and it handles better. The improvements are definately nice. I test drove the 2010 HSE LUX Package and I love the output of the new engines compared to the previous years. We were skeptical of buying the 2010, devoted Ford drivers, but I couldn't imagine owning or driving anything else. I can't speak of any issues, but you can bet if I do have any, I will definately let you all know. If you haven't already taken the 2010 for a test drive, do so. I think you'll like what you feel. I hope this helped.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I'm sure I'm going agitate (almost) everyone on this forum but here goes... :(

I feel like a broken record as I've said this time & time again - the "bad" posting on these forums (IMO) are more reflective of owner's frustration not real-world reliability. These forums represent the most "passionate" owner/user - they are the most vocal and critical. While I enjoy these threads greatly I think they are skewed slightly toward the negative. As I've said before, how boring would it be if all you read was how fantastic the car is?

The issues people post are valid. However (IMO) it would be short-sighted to assume they're an accurate representation of the brand quality. I don't feel they are. I know dozens (okay maybe just 5) people who own RRSs' who absolutely love them... They just aren't car-whores like those of us on these forums posting GOOD stories. I've had a 2008 & now a 2010 and not single issue to report. I would buy one again in a second.

Waiting for a 2011, 2013 or the year they can fly will make no difference. If you like it BUY it! If you're worried LEASE it! If you're still on the fence then it's probably not something you should get. What's ironic about your concerns is you already bought the "worst" year of the RRS (according to Consumer Reports) as it was the first model year and you were happy, so why should this be any different?
:thumb:

·
Registered
66 Posts
CA-SPORT said:
I'm sure I'm going agitate (almost) everyone on this forum but here goes... :(

I feel like a broken record as I've said this time & time again - the "bad" posting on these forums (IMO) are more reflective of owner's frustration not real-world reliability. These forums represent the most "passionate" owner/user - they are the most vocal and critical. While I enjoy these threads greatly I think they are skewed slightly toward the negative. As I've said before, how boring would it be if all you read was how fantastic the car is?

The issues people post are valid. However (IMO) it would be short-sighted to assume they're an accurate representation of the brand quality. I don't feel they are. I know dozens (okay maybe just 5) people who own RRSs' who absolutely love them... They just aren't car-whores like those of us on these forums posting GOOD stories. I've had a 2008 & now a 2010 and not single issue to report. I would buy one again in a second.

Waiting for a 2011, 2013 or the year they can fly will make no difference. If you like it BUY it! If you're worried LEASE it! If you're still on the fence then it's probably not something you should get. What's ironic about your concerns is you already bought the "worst" year of the RRS (according to Consumer Reports) as it was the first model year and you were happy, so why should this be any different?
:thumb:
I couldn't say it any better! Your comment is right on the spot.

Cheers

·
Registered
76 Posts
As usual, CA-Sport is the voice of reason.

I picked up my new 2010 RRS SC April 27th. I will write a review when I have time because I saw what happened to weatherman when he rushed an unedited version 8~

I tried to post pictures but I can’t get the resolution low enough to post on this site.

Short version: I LOVE this truck. No regrets and I get lots of complements. I’ve driven two of my friends who own a 2007 and 2008 and they both think the 2010 is better in every way (ride / handling / power / comfort).

One interesting note. I had a 1985 Jeep CJ-7 with an aftermarket alarm. If I held the remote to my chin, it would work from 100 yards away. When I took the truck downtown to certain parts of the city, there was so much interference I actually had to stick the remote under the dash against the sensor to disarm the alarm.

The 2010 RRS (as I knock on wood) has been perfect except twice. The first time I took it downtown to the same area I had issues with the Jeep, the mirrors did not fold when I locked the doors and I had to use the remote to unlock the car (swiping hand in door handle did not work). I then received a “tail gate open” warning even though it was shut.

2nd time I went to the same area, the Bluetooth connection on my Blackberry failed and I had to upgrade the software in the phone the next day to get it to reconnect. The guy who owns the restaurant we go to claims he has had issues with his 911 and now his new V8 Vantage in the same spot.

I don’t know if it is coincidence but maybe some of the issues people are having is based on the interference in the area they are in messing up the sophisticated electronics.

I would base my decision on the deal I could get on a 2010 vs 2011. Right now there are really good finance rates that may not be around next year.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you CA-Sport.

I jumped at the 2006 because I knew Ford had taken over.

I will move ahead with the purchase!

·
Registered
103 Posts
I just remembered this. When I was looking for a 2010 S/C to replace my 2007, We had a hard time finding a S/C with features on it that I wanted. The dealer finally found one in the UK that was getting ready to ship. However, after about 2 weeks of waiting, I got a call from the dealer, the car wasn't going to ship due to electrical problems. Another car was eventually shipped. It leaves me to wonder, how was the problem caught before it was shipped but others weren't?

Just throwing it out there.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I had a 2006 RRS HSE that I LOVED. Did a bunch of custom stuff to it. But then i had an issue with the bed plate gasket leaking. they had to remove the engine and work on it. warrenty was up in Oct so i upped to the 2010. NIGHT AND DAY difference! Get the 2010!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts