RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new to me 2006 RRS appears to have a few missing pieces from the tools/jacks plastic tray in the trunk under the cover .... Can anyone post a picture or describe what should be in there? The owners manual really didn't help. Thanks

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,705 Posts
Not all of the cubbies are used. There are a few existing threads with photos of what came from the factory and what folks have done with the empty sections.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I think my 2008 RRS/SC had the base tool set: jack, jack handle, lug wrench (broke the first time I tried to use it); two wheel chocks. As RRTH pointed out, most of the other cutouts are for special LR/RR equipment you could buy, I used one group for the receiver hitch (a perfect fit, by design).

I was told, once, that one of the side tray cutouts was for a plier, screwdriver, and sparkplug wrench set provided in other markets, as well as fold up triangle reflectors for warning oncoming traffic, a legal requirement in Other World markets. Have not seen any substantiation of that, tho.

Same set up for all the LR3s, as well. The current RRS was missing all when I bought it and the local Maserati dealer, where I bought it, paid for the jack set. My original LR3 receiver fits perfectly in its cut out which is shaped for the old style receiver and the new.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks all. On checking it looks like I have the basic stuff to do a tire change. I may populate some of the other cubbies with potentially useful tools....- Tim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts