RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Just did a job where I replaced 4 new air bags/struts and all new upper and lower control arms. The compressor is fairly new, I put that in about 4 months ago. I’m no expert but good enough for DIY.

Now for the problem. I start the Rover up and the rear is at normal height but the front doesn’t raise at all. The compressor runs for just a short time, about 5 seconds. On my 4x4 screen it looks like rear right sensor is faulty because of the bar bouncing around. The rest look ok on the screen and don’t move. Yellow suspension fault shows up on the dash and sometimes it is red. The fault has been showing even before I installed the new compressor.

Spent a bit of time and money and it’s upsetting that it’s not on the road yet. Any ideas are appreciated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have an update here. These are the codes I got today:

U0159(87) - park assist
U0127(87) - TPMS module
C1A38(01) - ?
U0434(86) - Roll control
U0182(87) - light module

I found the front valve block wasn't fully plugged in so that resolved raising the front. I had a smooth ride yesterday which turned south quickly. While driving with red suspension fault on, dash reads "special programs off". Then I lose all air in the air bags and get reduced to bump stops. To get home I had to restart 3 times, pump up, then lost air again within about 3 minutes of driving. 4x4 screen showed a right rear dancing wheel and when I lost air 3 of the tires on the screen were moving. My drive that morning was fine, sensors looked normal on the screen, so I don't know whats happening that just empties all the air and shuts down the air system. Also still finding the front end is low in the morning even with new air bags.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I would clear all the codes and then rescan shortly after the warnings come on. Most of the codes you pulled seem to have nothing to do wit your problem. Typical when I scan mine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts