RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help...I'm getting excessive wear just along the inside portion of both rear tires. What is the possible cause for this?

·
Banned
224 Posts
Help...I'm getting excessive wear just along the inside portion of both rear tires. What is the possible cause for this?
It's going to be alignment. When's the last time you got it aligned? Have you lowered the vehicle's ride height since the alignment? Did you get a printout of the settings?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The height has been changed when tires were rotated, etc. Can I align just the back ones?

·
Banned
224 Posts
The height has been changed when tires were rotated, etc. Can I align just the back ones?
If you changed the height of the whole vehicle, you should get the whole thing realigned. I doubt the alignment shops will charge much less for a rear wheel only alignment anyway.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I agree with RBS_TX. When you lower a car, you are increasing negative camber on all 4 corners. The wheels go from looking like this:

|----0-----| to this: /----0----\ because you've altered the suspension geometry some. Its not always visible from the naked eye but inner tire wear is one of the classic signs that you are running too much negative camber, the toe also needs to be adjusted. I am told that improper toe is worse for tires than the wrong camber spec. All four corners need to be aligned.

I have to think this is why LR decided to make the RRS always revert back to normal height when the car realizes you don't need to be higher or lower.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts