RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just traded my 2006 RRS HSE for a 2007 Escalade ESV. Family was growing and my car needed to grow.

Here's what has been happening just for reference for forum members.

I had 57K miles and the thermostat went out. The battery was bad then too. Some things to look out for, save you $600 down the road. If your car clears the trip and gas mileage etc every night, the battery is bad. I had the dealer put a new one in as I was about to drive 900 miles to trade my RRS in.

In June I purchased a cheap brake rebuld kit from British atlantic. The rotors rusted bad right away and the pads were half way gone by November. Don't go cheap for brakes, you will be sorry. If your brake warning light comes on, park your car. I sheered off a caliper and added almost $400 to my repair bill. Also - if you buy your parts yourself, it will be more expensive to have a shop install. Just my .02...

I deleted the resonatior from the middle of the car. Looking back, I should have deleted the two at the ends instead. Same nosie outside, less inside.

I had 22" Stormers that I bought on ebay. The were fake and chineese and the best wheels I've ever had. I had Falken Ziex 285-40-22's on with no rubbing. I have no idea why anyone would go with a 35, 40 is for sure the way to go for you newbies just getting your first sport.

I got $32K in trade for it. I was very happy. In CO, they only wanted to give me $25-6-7K...

This forum is great, lots of helpful awesome people, I hope it stays that way for the 2006-2009 RRS owners.. Sometimes after a facelift or remodel, forums can treat the older model people as second class citizens. Please don't let that happen here!. I will miss it. For you newbies, use the search, search your issue more than once using different words.

The HSE lacks power from 1-60 mph, but from 60-90 it is one of the best cars I've owned. I drove that road trip and was sorry to see it go. The 4X4 is the best I ever had as well. Get out on the open road and open up your HSE 06-09. You will have a better appreciation.

Thanks all!

p.s. - I took off some of the nice upgrades and have them in the f/s section and on ebay.

FAT__RRS now know as CADDYFAT

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
FAT, thanks for the input!

I guess if you signed up for the GM 30 day money back guarantee there's still a small chance you might be back soon? :D

Seriously, good luck with that Escalade.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
So long man, thanks for your input and contributions. Like goosey said, we hope to have you back soon. Kids grow faster than you think.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I understand the Escalade has trouble in reverse near fire hydrants, especially if you leave your golf clubs in the garage.
I wonder why an LR4 wouldn't have been as good a choice?

·
Registered
543 Posts
All the best Fat_RRS.

Understandably we can see your position, much easier to put that Dean Titanium MTB in the back also since the RRS is smaller ?

Good luck with the SCarLard, just may see your appearance in the FFRR MKIV forums in a few years so my fingers are crossed.

I comprehend any decision NOT choosing a Disco4, as Jeeza said "All the cars are equal-but one is more equal than the others" !

Cheerio,

Vinniman
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts