RangeRovers.net Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Fantastic discussion. Haven't been on this board in ages. I, too, have suspension issues with my 2009 RRS HSE. 138k miles. At higher speeds, the tail end of my truck 'shifts' to the right when going over bumps. It's intensified when I'm going around high(er) speed curves. Not very safe, to say the least. I have a diagnostic tool from AB (A MUST) and the readings are pretty extensive. Take a look at the attachments if interested. Debating on where to start. Just had the air compressor replaced last year. Any thoughts/suggestions appreciated!

·
Registered
531 Posts
Sounds like your DSC (Stability control) is kicking in as the car is detecting lateral movement and applying brakes to correct - hence the lurch you mentioned - does the DSC light come on on the dash?

Reasons for this - low tyre pressure in one tyre, maybe some suspension issue such as worn bushes, wheel bearings - needs physical investigation as well as scanning codes.

Garry

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
UPDATE: First off, sorry for delay in this update, was out of town on work stuff.

The coil spring kit arrived from AB in a timely manner and they were great to deal with. I picked up the Sport late yesterday afternoon, and am pleasantly surprised at the great ride and handling. I did not have the shop hard wire the EAS flash unit - just did the OBD plug in flash for now — want to see how that works out.

Tooling around last night, I did have a suspension warning message appear twice - “normal ride height only”....I am going to do a re-flash myself in a few minutes and then monitor throughout the day — My shop is an excellent general automotive shop, with all the latest gadgets....I asked the tech if had any issue disconnecting the ride height sensors at each corner, he said no job was easy. I hope they did do that.....? If they didn’t I wonder if that could be reason I’m getting the message?

Cheers my friends

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
About this Discussion
23 Replies
7 Participants
garrycol
RangeRovers.net Forum
We’re a community forum to discuss and assist on issues with every Range Rover model. Sign up if you have a question, answer or to meet like minded individuals
Full Forum Listing