RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am confused, I called 3 dealership yesterday for the audio connectivity module on 2006 RR, 2 of them said the kit has to be ordered and it does work for the 06, but the 3rd dealership said the kit works for models >07, so I cn not use it on my 06.

I emailed Land Rover USA questioning about the kit with no response yet.

anyone knows if the kit will work or not?

Also, I pulled out the CD changer yesterday, and found that it has the same fiberoptic connection that my 07 BMW x5 has, and was able to plug in the BMW factory ipod adapter but it did not communicate with the head unit, actually I was not able to turn on the head unit while the adapter was installed, once disconnecting it and reconnecting the CD changer the head unit started responding again, anyone knows if there is a way to make it work.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
I seem to recall from earlier threads that the FFRR version of the Audio Connectivity Module is only compatible with 2007s and later. Couple of online vendors also list the kit as compatible w/ MY07+ only. Sorry.

http://landrover.niello.com/accessories ... ategory=57
http://www.bputah.com/RR44/Range_Rover_ ... n_Kit.html

The infotainment's MOST ring is a fairly complicated optical network. If you break the ring, nothing attached to it works, head unit, telephone, CD player, etc... That's probably what happened when you attempted to connect a device that was not configured properly for our infotainment system.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you.

the question is: the 06 electronics are different from the 03-05, but is it the same like the 07-09.

if it so, I can not understand why the 06 different from the pre and post models?????????

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
Who knows! My guess is that MY07s and later may include some sort of upgraded software allowing the infotainment system to recognize the ACM as a valid emulator of the factory CD player (which is what the ACM is, a total "hack" of the stock CD player, with limitations...) :?: You are not the first one to wonder why the ACM works only on 2007s and later and not 2006s with virtually the same in-cabin electronics: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26076

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, if u go to dension website who is the manefacturer of the ACM, they do not list range rover at all?????

this reminded me about my 97 RR se, when the CD changer went bad, the dealer asked $692 for a new part, Clarion USA( which I contacted) said non of their CD changer is compatible with RR,(they are the manefacturere of the RR CD cahnger), then later I found through a british web site that one of the Clarion aftermarket CD changer does fit the RR it is just plug and play and controlled through the head unit, the price is $145.

I think the whole issue is pure business and trade practice.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a 2006 Range Rover and have the ACM fitted. I get track names on the main screen and am able to switch between iPod and CD changer....Charles Hurst Land Rover in London fitted it for me...

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The ACM does work for the 2006 RR HSE, I had installed it myself yesterday.
it seems the 07-on models the radio is located behind the glove box where in the 06 it is located behind the touch screen, so some wire routing is required. I think this why Land Rover said it is not combatiple with the pre 07 models.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
eomran said:
The ACM does work for the 2006 RR HSE, I had installed it myself yesterday.
it seems the 07-on models the radio is located behind the glove box where in the 06 it is located behind the touch screen, so some wire routing is required. I think this why Land Rover said it is not combatiple with the pre 07 models.
Can you give a brief instruction on how to DIY fit the ACM to a 2006?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
you need to remove the glove box, then the upper part of the dash. also you need to take out the touch screen, the radio is locared behind the touch screnn, now just plig in the adaptive harness that came with the kit, and route the power line to glove box.
the rest of wiring is explained in the instruction that is included in the kit.

the trick is to find a plcae behinde the glove box to place the module since there is no enough space to place anything.

now one thing I thought about after I was done, you can bypass plugging the adaptive harness to radio, if you can find a power supply, near the glove box, since the whole purpose of this harness is to get power to the module.

sorry I did not take any pictures.

it is easy procces but time consuming it took me about 3 hours to do the whole thing.

the funny thing I have an IPOD touch 2-3 years old, did not work with the kit but my wife IPOD nano worked great, my brother in law has the latest ipod touch and it worked great, so I have to get a new ipod now:(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts