RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings. I'm new to the forum and having a problem. The car was doing fine until it sat for a week in the drive and the battery was discharged. I charged it back and it wouldn't start. Turn the key and it would click so I thought the starter was bad and replaced it. Still no luck. The ignition wire at the starter gives 10V when I turn the key when disconnected from the starter . When connected to the starter the voltage drop from the ignition pole to ground is 0.9V. The new starter was bench tested and is OK. The positive pole at the starter reads 12V indicating adequate grounding to the starter motor. The battery is new. The alternator was replaced at the shop about 1 month ago. Thank you for any help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Suspected a faulty ignition wire from the starter relay, but it checked out OK. The actual culprit was inadequate grounding of the Starter motor. I connected Negative on the battery with a jumper cable to the body of the starter and it works. Will run a ground directly to the starter body . This should fix. Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts