RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Range Rover sport (non supercharged) and the last couple day’s on start up every couple seconds the idle stutters. It momentarily drops roughly 100rpm then immediately goes back to idle. As it warms up it get less and less. We also noticed that the gps display screen was flashing at one point, as well it seems like if I hit the defrost it can make it stutter. I’m not sure if it’s because the defrost is more load on the engine or if these things are not connected issues. I don’t have any error issues as of yet, power seems good and steady. I’m wondering if it’s an electrical issue ie: alternator, another electrical component putting a lot of draw maybe on the system or just a idle issue such as maf and throttle body need cleaning or needs new plugs or coil pack maybe? Any help would be much appreciated

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
809 Posts
Guesses---Probably throttle body needs cleaning and the display is probably some kind of poor connection underneath the driver's seat.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I cleaned the maf, throttle body, new battery didn’t seem to improve much, then I did the spark plugs that seemed to have fixed the issue completely, but now this morning it has a rough idle until warm... could this be a bad coil?

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
120 Posts
Did you install RRS specific sparkplugs? I think there are variations in certain spec, not only a gap. Also, when was the fuel injectors serviced last time? if a while - perhaps it is time.
You're screen has a Cold Cathode Bulb as a backlight, when that wear out, it flickers at the start up, especially in a cold weather, as long as it goes on and stays on - it fine, when/if dies out - then deal with it, likely had nothing to do with the reason your engine idles rough.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I put the factory plugs in, yeah that defiantly possible about the screen because it’s getting down to freezing at night now.. I do have a vident scanner, there’s load sod feature so now I have it where I can find what I need. It ended up throwing a code for misfire on cyl 4 I replaced the coil and I hasn’t come back as of yet

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
532 Posts
I put the factory plugs in, yeah that defiantly possible about the screen because it’s getting down to freezing at night now.. I do have a vident scanner, there’s load sod feature so now I have it where I can find what I need. It ended up throwing a code for misfire on cyl 4 I replaced the coil and I hasn’t come back as of yet
Good news, happy for you

1 - 7 of 7 Posts