RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are my options for connecting an iPhone or a BlackBerry to my 06 RRS? When I purchased, I thought the phone keys on the steering implied it either had Bluetooth or a means to connect the phone. LR parts department just indicated that this would have to be a custom modification. Is this true?

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
PTI was not standard issue on the 2006 Sport HSE, it was on the S/C. However, if you have the steering wheel paddles installed, you should have it, or at least the dealer installed Bluetooth module that used to be available back then - with less functionality than the factory system. Have they checked your VIN to see if the car was fitted with PTI? If you search for Bluetooth devices using your handset with the engine running, you should find either "Land Rover" (indicating the factory PTI system is fitted) or "Ford" (indicating the dealer installed BT accessory.) Can you find either device with your handsets?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Neither device can be found when I search on both my iPhone4 or my BB 9900. :(

The online tool to check whether BT is installed doesn't appear to work on LR's site. Gonna try calling the LR service department now.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After a quick visit to the dealer, it turns out that the car is equipped with a Bluetooth module. That Bluetooth module has failed. Kind of odd for something like that to fail on a truck with only 26K miles on it. Time to start looking for one of these: XVJ500450

1 - 4 of 4 Posts