RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone in here knows the cylinder numbers in an 06 RR Supercharged. Trying to locate cylinders 7 and 8 but as each manufacturer is different as far as cylinder numbers go, I am not sure how to locate them.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
241 Posts
As you stand at the front facing the car, left hand side back two

·
Premium Member
2,467 Posts
There are a few different cylinder numbering setups for this engine, but if this is based on a fault code, then the AJV8 is odd-even split, passenger's side(LHD) being bank 1.

So 7 and 8 would be the rear most cylinder on each side.

Do you have misfire faults? Most common issue with both rear cylinders is due to oil fouling on the spark plugs, the rear cylinders are more susceptible to excessive oil consumption due to a failing PCV valve.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmm could you give me more detail about this? That is the problem I am getting.. Misfires and plug fouling and cylinders 7 and 8... Do you think this could be my issue?

·
Premium Member
2,467 Posts
Give this, and some of the links in post 9 of the thread a read, there's some information about the PCV system, and issues it causes.

http://www.rangerovers.net/forum/6-range-rover-mark-iii-l322/103058-rpms-dip-start-up.html

But due to design, when it comes to plug fouling, the rear cylinders foul much worse then the rest. I would say your PCV valve needs to be replaced, but I would also probably recommend an induction service to clean up the rest of the system, along with changing out your plugs as part of a major tune up.

Check your oil level before you drive much more.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll give it a try. Going to change spark plugs today as well as look into the PCV Valve. It looks pretty accessible. Is there a way to tell if it is having issues or do I just have to change it and see if it makes a difference? Also what do you recommend to use for an induction service product?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts