RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys i have a 2006 Range Rover HSE 4.4 recently since the winter started the car started to have an issues i changed the battery and same thing
sometimes the car won’t even cranks and when it does it starts to show me transmission fault traction reduced, limited gears only when i put it on the scanner it shows me a tons of lost communication codes like engine control module...etc and everything when i reset the codes the car strats driving fine for like 2 days and then I’ll have the same issues ?
Anyone can help me what the problem could be ?
Ps: when it doesn’t start I’ll be able to shift the gears without even pushing the brake and it doesn’t show on the dash

·
Administrator
27,822 Posts
Everything in your opening post is a sign of poor voltage. Clean battery and ground cable ends mean nothing if you don't clean the other end of the cables at the fuse box and alternator for positive and each junction for the ground.

Clean cables do no good if your battery is old, failing, or has a duff cell.

A good battery does no good if the alternator is not outputting enough juice to charge the battery.

At an extreme case, a corroded positive cable or cables will have high resistance not allow full power to the starter, fuse box or from the alternator.

The entire start/charge circuit is one big picture. All of the components must be in top shape. There is an electrical trouble shooting link in the FAQ at the top of the L322 forum. Do the best you can to test what you can. to narrow things down. Begin with a charged battery, cleared codes and start over.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts