RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I find updated Nav software for our 2006 Supercharged? Also, where can I find a way to get birds eye view for the nav? Or is that part of an updated disc.

Our disc is really dated it seems.

Thanks

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
FYI, if you currently use the 1791 bypass code that allows navigation on the move in your North America spec MY06, updating to the latest map data DVD will wipe out that capability. If you don't know / don't care what the 1791 bypass code is, you can order the latest disc directly from Navteq, click here. The most recent version available is 2008/2009, although the 2010 issue should be just around the corner, so you may want to wait a few more weeks before placing your order.

There are no improvements to the interface on the latest DVDs, save for a few new or redesigned navigation buttons and a couple of shortcuts that were not available on 2006s. The maps will look the same, no bird's eye view. :(

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Very useful Link. UK use can go to the home page a re-navigate to the European/UK section.

Anybody know if the Model Year '05-'09 (with touch screen) 2009-2010 update includes speed cameras or anything other than additional/updated road networks?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
umbertob said:
FYI, if you currently use the 1791 bypass code that allows navigation on the move in your North America spec MY06, updating to the latest map data DVD will wipe out that capability. If you don't know / don't care what the 1791 bypass code is, you can order the latest disc directly from Navteq, click here. The most recent version available is 2008/2009, although the 2010 issue should be just around the corner, so you may want to wait a few more weeks before placing your order.

There are no improvements to the interface on the latest DVDs, save for a few new or redesigned navigation buttons and a couple of shortcuts that were not available on 2006s. The maps will look the same, no bird's eye view. :(

Thanks!

Without bird's eye view, I would much rather keep 1791 :D

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Blake said:
umbertob said:

Thanks!

Without bird's eye view, I would much rather keep 1791 :D
That's odd because my UK 2006-2009 Touch Screen Sat Nav has Birds Eye view at about 45 degree angle in most zooms?

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
IMHO the "3D" maps on Land Rover's Denso DVD-based satnav are a poor excuse for bird's eye view. Infiniti does bird's eye view best, as do a bunch of aftermarket GPS manufacturers. Land Rover's maps are clear - no complaints here - but look dated and basic, kinda boring :wink: , compared to newer systems.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
There are no improvements to the interface on the latest DVDs, save for a few new or redesigned navigation buttons and a couple of shortcuts that were not available on 2006s. The maps will look the same, no bird's eye view.
I only posted as I think you statement needed correcting as there clearly is Birds Eye View on the DVD Touch Screen Sat Nav that all 2006 Model + cars use.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I just tried the 1791 bypass code on my 2006 MY and it works great. I noticed that this feature disappears everytime I shut down the car and wanted to confirm that you need to input this code everytime you restart the car. Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts