RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Can the 2006 range rover navi touch screen radio go in the 2003 range rover? I thought I saw this was done. Now that I have been researching, I have not located a video for it.

thanks in advance

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
387 Posts
I would say it cannot be done since Jaguar took over in the 05s and on then started fitting fiber optic and canbus and what not. The 06 oem touchscreen would probably not function well in the 03 as the 03 does not have all that is needed. Now aftermarket nav radio is doable as some have done it.

·
Registered
2011 RRSC
76 Posts
I read a post somewhere of someone doing just this conversion. You need quite few parts out of the 2005 model to make it work. That being said why bother the 05-09 system was terrible when new? Use one of the BMW Android upgrades for a more modern system.

·
Premium Member
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
281 Posts
I read a post somewhere of someone doing just this conversion. You need quite few parts out of the 2005 model to make it work. That being said why bother the 05-09 system was terrible when new? Use one of the BMW Android upgrades for a more modern system.
The problem is they speak 2 different languages from BMW to Jaguar. The posts you're referring to used a somewhat "prototype" custom interface module as a gateway to get the 2 systems talking to each other. It's not a unit publicly available at this time and generally not worth the effort for a civilian to try to fabricate one. It used some serious witchcraft to make it work.

In all honesty OP you're better just buying a MY06 and appreciating the better Jaguar A133 engine and things. Even better yet find a MY07 and upgrade to real life traction control and modern day technology with the better Jag engine. The MY06-MY09 hands down have the most reliable engines.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts