RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 L322 4.4L, and I don't want to pay the mechanic shop $340 to change my plugs. Does anyone have pictures or a video of how to change the plugs? Also does anyone know the gap for the plugs?

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
I have a 2006 L322 4.4L, and I don't want to pay the mechanic shop $340 to change my plugs. Does anyone have pictures or a video of how to change the plugs? Also does anyone know the gap for the plugs?
You remove the valley covers, unscrew the coils/remove... I like to remove plugs while the engine is slightly warm, I tighten them ever so slightly before backing them out. I use NGK's and gap a .035 (supercharged) probably .04 for you. On refit I gap all plugs on a bench, little anti seize all the threads. Fit them all 10ft/lbs... then as I refit each coil boot dielectric grease the bottom edge of each boot where it meets the base of the plug... then put everything back together.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
687 Posts
If they are platinum plugs as they should be, the gap is preset. Unless things have changed in the last few years, platinum plugs can’t be regapped as the plugs are plated and bending and flexing the prong will fracture the plating. Not sure if this rule of thumb still applies though.

Sent from my iPhone X

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
335 Posts
I changed mine twice at 90K and 180K. Bought the OEM platinum plugs from Atlantic British already gapped. Access is not terrible.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I replaced spark plugs on my 2006 Range Rover Supercharged. It took my less than an hour total. I used a Spark Plug Socket with Magnetic Insert. A couple of long extensions, and a Universal joint. This made it much easier to remove the spark plug closest to steering wheel on my US Model.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I used the NGK Platinum Plugs that I ordered from Rock Auto.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I replaced spark plugs on my 2006 Range Rover Supercharged. It took my less than an hour total. I used a Spark Plug Socket with Magnetic Insert. A couple of long extensions, and a Universal joint. This made it much easier to remove the spark plug closest to steering wheel on my US Model.
I use ngk iridium sparks. Half an hour takes removing engine cover and air condition filter
very easy diy job

·
Registered
173 Posts
I don't think it's even possible to remove the spark plugs without an extension and a U-joint. It's particularly cramped on the driver's side and there's very little room to maneuver a ratchet in there. A U-joint is a must, in my opinion.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts