RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 L322 with adaptive headlamps and in January, the left side (passenger side as I am in the UK) light only "dances" from left to right and not up and down. The warning light does not come on.

Having read numerous forums I have replaced the ECU with a new one but it made no difference (bye bye £150+). I have also manually raised and lowered the headlamp adjustment to see if that made any difference. Unfortunately nothing seems to have worked. I am reluctant to send this to a dealership as I know this will cost hundreds if not £1000 plus.

I have looked at the online manual and it does not seem to offer any suggestions other than replacing the ECU.

Any other suggestions at all would be welcome as I am getting frustrated as all other things I try seemed to end in failure.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Try buying a used headlight unit on eBay or somewhere similar. Swap it out for yours and see if it fixes the problem. If it doesn't, you can then re-sell it on eBay or keep it for a spare - you'll know your problem is in the car somewhere, not the headlight. I see units on eBay for $350 US for your car.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts