Range Rovers Forum banner

2006 interior plastic parts finish issue

22K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  Gazellio 
#1 ·
Is my rover the only one with major interior plastic parts finish issues?

a lot of my plastic parts finish is bubbling or delaminating. Do you guys have this problem too?

Did you guys get this covered through warranty?

#4 ·
so far:
driver side window switch panel
center console
center cup holder
center ash tray
rear cargo cover handle
rear cargo cover rails
drivers seat control panel

it seems like they have a huge issue with the finish... getting most of this covered under warranty though :thumb:

#5 ·
Unfortunately this is the BMW influence, when LR made things it would use coloured plastic and then if you scraped it, it would remain the same colour. BMW will have one generic plastic and paint it or coat it different colours.

You can get much harder wearing wood trim for certain bits that match the factory wood. I like the idea of the window switches. But there are some area's like in the boot where the coating is so soft it will look terrible through normal use.

#6 ·
Dan_UK_1984 said:
Unfortunately this is the BMW influence, when LR made things it would use coloured plastic and then if you scraped it, it would remain the same colour. BMW will have one generic plastic and paint it or coat it different colours.

You can get much harder wearing wood trim for certain bits that match the factory wood. I like the idea of the window switches. But there are some area's like in the boot where the coating is so soft it will look terrible through normal use.

"PowerfulUK" do this sort of stuff.

#9 ·
Gazellio said:
I would like to see a picture of a Centre Consul that has had all three wood trims added as this must change the whole look of the RR interior?

Search for powerful uk on ebay , and search L322 2002-2005 and for each item its photographed in situ .

Jaybear

#10 ·
jaybear said:
Gazellio said:
I would like to see a picture of a Centre Consul that has had all three wood trims added as this must change the whole look of the RR interior?

Search for powerful uk on ebay , and search L322 2002-2005 and for each item its photographed in situ .

Jaybear
Thanks Jaybear but I actually mention PowerfulUK 4 or 5 posts above in this thread as I use them: :)

"PowerfulUK" do this sort of stuff."
However unless I have missed it I cannot find a picture that shows what a dash would look like if all the 3 or 4 matching powerful wooden bits were replacing the stock grey?

#14 ·
Dan_UK_1984 said:
Gazellio said:
I think that looks much better but is it worth the £500+ :?:

I'm not so keen on the bits on the dash, I think it's a little OTT, but like the bit in the middle around the gearstick.
That was my thinking but I admit to liking the picture above. What I would really like to see is a picture from the rear seats looking down the middle at a dash with full wood conversion. My thoughts are that it would not look like a proper Rangie but until I see it I have no idea.

Increasingly obsessed Rangie Man.

#15 ·
After taking the car for service...

They only covered:
driver side window switch panel
drivers seat control panel

They said everything else is wear and tear... I think that's just wrong!
center console
center cup holder
center ash tray
rear cargo cover handle
rear cargo cover rails

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.