RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Classic
4 Posts
I have a 2006 HSE. I had the transmission rebuilt last year, a week after the rebuild, the transmission light came on and the truck went into a limp mode. I took the truck back to the shop that did the transmission, he said it was an electrical problem. I took the truck to the dealership and two other independent shops and they said it was a transmission problem. I've taken the truck back to this shop at least 5 times, because the problem with overheating and limp mode persisted every time I was in heavy traffic (I live in LA 405 Freeway). The las time it happened a month ago, I took it to the shop and left it. He says it's the valve body, and he cant find the right one for the vehicle. Question, would the valve body that he claims he put in a year ago, go bad in a year? Is there anyplace in LA i can buy a used valve body for this vehicle.. Is there a transmission shop that specializes in RR that anyone can recommend?

·
Premium Member
1,308 Posts
Re: 2006 HSE Valve Body

The original repair shop will not help? I'd go after them first unless you supplied the new valve body.

Whatever you do don't go to Sherman Oaks Exclusive Rover shop..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts