RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love the exterior supercharged look, but HATE the interior look. After 9 months I bought a 2006 HSE almost 2yrs ago with the blue interior that I love, and hope will be an option with upgrades/tweaks on future models. I LOVE being able to see/feel the contrast when inside rather than the blandness of everything being the same color with very little contrast.

Within a weeks time I changed out the traditional items for the supercharged wheels, grill and vents, and added standard running boards. I now have the identical look as the supercharged pictured, except for the exhaust pipes......I got everything I wanted for far less than the average $15,000 difference. :mrgreen:

[attachment=2:36k315qn]Site 1.doc[/attachment:36k315qn][attachment=1:36k315qn]Site 1.doc[/attachment:36k315qn][attachment=0:36k315qn]Site 1.doc[/attachment:36k315qn]

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Can someone tell me how to post photos directly into the body of the post rather than as an attachement that has to be opended (reference this post I started)...thanks

·
Administrator
27,822 Posts
Same way you did the attachments you posted above. Browse to the photo and click submit.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Probably shouldn't drive an actual S/C...because you'll realize then it isn't about the grille. It's the frikkin power man. The engine, suspension, brakes...they transform the experience. It costs more sure but then again it's worth more when you sell it, so you can cut the $15k entrance fee by about half. I have to agree with you though that I really prefer the contrasting leather and wood interior of the HSE to the monotone of the S/C. I especially dislike the piano black finish because it looks like black plastic. But every time I put my right foot down I find myself caring less about the wood.

·
Registered
121 Posts
remington said:
Probably shouldn't drive an actual S/C...because you'll realize then it isn't about the grille. It's the frikkin power man. The engine, suspension, brakes...they transform the experience. It costs more sure but then again it's worth more when you sell it, so you can cut the $15k entrance fee by about half. I have to agree with you though that I really prefer the contrasting leather and wood interior of the HSE to the monotone of the S/C. I especially dislike the piano black finish because it looks like black plastic. But every time I put my right foot down I find myself caring less about the wood.
I couldnt agree more. BTW, congrats on the new SS Rover! Your poor wife is stuck with the HSE. LOL Maybe I will do the same :wink:

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
166 Posts
RoverNole - nice looking upgrade - would you be interested in selling me your old rims and tires (I assume from the picture they are the 20" rims). I have 2 road-rashed rims and would like to update the spare. Please PM if you are interested.

thanks

L

·
Registered
33 Posts
What? Confused? Did my a$$ get taken? I'm pretty sure I didn't as I FEEL the power (see my other posts)...

I have an 06 RRSC...silver with the blue interior and absolutely love it! The contrast is very cool and that is what pushed me over the edge...the first 5 times I went to look at the truck I was like "blue...seriously?" But then on the 6th (ok and maybe 7th, 8th, 9th) I was like..."I NEED this truck!" So on the (sort of) 10th time I bought it! Blue interior ROCKS!

Anyway...I guess the point of my point (with my digressions - read: see other posts :D ) - is that though I am not a Range Rover "expert" I'm pretty sure they made 06's with blue interiors that were Supercharged...becuase I own one. Did I miss something in the thread?

A

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
atejano said:
What? Confused? Did my a$$ get taken? I'm pretty sure I didn't as I FEEL the power (see my other posts)...

I have an 06 RRSC...silver with the blue interior and absolutely love it! The contrast is very cool and that is what pushed me over the edge...the first 5 times I went to look at the truck I was like "blue...seriously?" But then on the 6th (ok and maybe 7th, 8th, 9th) I was like..."I NEED this truck!" So on the (sort of) 10th time I bought it! Blue interior ROCKS!

Anyway...I guess the point of my point (with my digressions - read: see other posts :D ) - is that though I am not a Range Rover "expert" I'm pretty sure they made 06's with blue interiors that were Supercharged...becuase I own one. Did I miss something in the thread?

A
Not sure if you missed anything.....my post was about my love for the blue interior with contrast, and the look of the supercharged exterior outfit, but I didnt want to pay the extra $10-15 grand that came with the supercharged engine, so opted for the look, since I was just fine with the power of the HSE. After the exterior upgrades, one cant tell the difference beyond the pipes, but I can in my wallet since the extra power wasnt important to me here in Orlando, FL.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
RoverNole said:
atejano said:

A
Not sure if you missed anything.....my post was about my love for the blue interior with contrast, and the look of the supercharged exterior outfit, but I didnt want to pay the extra $10-15 grand that came with the supercharged engine, so opted for the look, since I was just fine with the power of the HSE. After the exterior upgrades, one cant tell the difference beyond the pipes, but I can in my wallet since the extra power wasnt important to me here in Orlando, FL.
Is the Vogue/Vogue SE not an option in the US?

·
Registered
33 Posts
No - that's cool. I just didn't understand the part about the "monotone look" as if you can't get a SC with blue or "why the SC was monotone"...Just confused (but I usually am)!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts