RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 HSE Supercharge only 95k kms (55k miles) cold start misfire and low compression!

Love my Range Rover and the Rover product altogether. After much investigation and out of pocket expenses it would appear that my 06 Westminster S/C Rover has some cold misfires... As per the dealer, cylinders 6 and 7 have low compression... Not gone but lower than the other cylinders. I get random misfire codes with the engine light. As the engine warms up to operating temperature the condition improves until a smooth run and no misfires once driven for 5 minutes..

So my question/issue is... Is my motor shot after only 95000 kms?? I would have thought this motor more reliable than that. Just hard to grasp the thought of having to replace a motor with only 95000 kms (55000 mls).

Any ideas, suggestions, thoughts, input??

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Re: 2006 HSE Supercharge only 95k kms (55k miles) cold start misfire and low compress

There are multiple possibilities... what else has the dealer tried so far? I'm sure they could not have seen the misfires and simply declared that you need a new engine. There must be some more observations before we can help very much.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts