Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping someone can help, looked everywhere, no instruction on how to do a proper coolant flush, RAVE say to "remove cylinder block drain plug". Does 2006 range rover HSE SC have that? I could not locate it. So far, drained the coolant from what seems to be the radiator tap. Thanks!

· RIP Our Friend
27,964 Posts
the second gen L322 manual has been posted a couple times. I downloaded it last week. The long and short is to set your climate control temps to hot, warm up the engine, disconnect the battery, add a drain hose to the radiator drain and open the drain valve. Close the valve, fill, connect battery, warm up and keep the purge tank full with the bleed valve open. Make sure coolant flow has no bubbles. Let engine cool and warm up again open the bleed valve again to ensure to air...

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you RRToadHall, I did replace the Auxiliary SC pump and corrected the wires. Followed your instructions, for bleeding system, took the car for a drive and check coolant level message came on. Figured it had to do with too much coolant, came home took extra coolant out and made sure system was bled. Used IIDTool to reset the message and it keep coming back. Do I need to bleed the system again or is it something more serious?

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update: after multiple unsuccessful bleeding attempts realized, bleed screw was not completely up to specs, replaced expansion tank which came with sensor and bleed screw (looks to be an updated version), flushed coolant and error is gone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.