Range Rovers Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

This topic has popped up in different places around the forum but it seems to really depend on the individual car and its a bt hard for me to figure out which car has which options since im new to RR.

I have a 2006 hse and have been trying to locate a aux jack for ages now with no success (its not in the back or in the middle arm rest) the radio doesn't even have a button for an aux input so I assume it simply doesn't have one in my version of the car.

Does anyone know an easy for for this issue, I just want to listen to music from my iPod or iPhone in the car.
Maybe is there a way of using wires from the cd changer or busing additional Bluetooth interface?

any help and comments are appreciated

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
338 Posts
Maybe use an FM Radio transmitter? They may not have the best sound quality but it's better than having nothing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm in the same boat with my 2006 HSE. No aux jack...and FM transmitters suck.

I got a quote for a parrot system that works with the Pro Logic...but I don't really want an extra aftermarket screen on the dash. If anyone comes up for something, it would be good to hear! :)

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
If you have the rear seat entertainment option, the Aux jack is below the rear passenger heat/ac controls on the back of the center console behind the little flip down door, if you don't have RSE you don't have an aux jack. It's also an old RCA pug type, not a 2.5MM plug like modern units have. Get a good FM transmitter if you go that route, cause I have a little cheap one with a 16 GB Sd card for music that plugs into the cigar lighter on the console, but it doesn't give me a clear signal to the back glass, and sounds horrific.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Just went out and gave the aux jack in my 06 HSE a closer look and it is a 2.5mm jack, not an RCA plug, I've never used it..

·
Premium Member
2,467 Posts
The IHU is the same from one that does and does not have an Aux in. It can be retrofitted.

It would involve wiring up an input to the IHU(wouldn't necessarily need to be installed in the console, or even be wired - a bluetooth adaptor could be used, and would actually make it easier) and having the system reprogrammed to have an AUX selection on the screen.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The IHU is the same from one that does and does not have an Aux in. It can be retrofitted.

It would involve wiring up an input to the IHU(wouldn't necessarily need to be installed in the console, or even be wired - a bluetooth adaptor could be used, and would actually make it easier) and having the system reprogrammed to have an AUX selection on the screen.
^^^^ This.. RoverGuy7, I was thinking maybe a Rear Seat Entertainment module could be fitted in a non RSE model only to use the AUX of that unit.. (reprogram to get the AUX selection on the screen), then use a bluetooth adapter to connect your cell phone or newer ipod etc..
I think your saying it could be even easier than that, what kind of input is available on the back of the IHU that could be used. I just assumed they were all fiber so it had to be done that way..

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,467 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
The Aux in doesn't go to the RSE, just the IHU. The separate AV inputs for the RSE are all that goes to the RSE module, which I could see this being a bit of a hassle to use on a regular basis. The IHU has just normal pins in a connector, not a specific input. Just L R and shield.

http://www.rangerovers.net/forum/6-range-rover-mark-iii-l322/23235-aux-input-2006-a.html
Your older post in the link provided is a little older now.. have you since discovered if they are pre-wired and we'd just need the back trim piece.. I'd actually just like the aux jack (even hidden in the center console would be cool) and could go from there.. how deep would i have to get into it to know if I only needed the back trim piece? Take apart the center console and look for the wiring or go all the way with the removal of the IHU?
Much appreciated.

Bill

·
Premium Member
2,467 Posts
I have not seen one that is pre-wired, but some may be, I've only added the input to a few.

Personally, I always started by getting to the IHU, as most customers didn't want it in the back of the console, so rewiring would have been involved even if it was already wired up.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
7 Posts
The ebay item takes out the CD player, which I do use. I was wondering if its possible to connect the Aux input through the tape input as I would be happy to lose the tape facility?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts