RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Southern CA and am looking at buying an 06 HSE. I'm just trying to figure out a few things and maybe you guys can help?

1 - HSE vs. Supercharged - is the Supercharged worth the extra cost?

2 - how many miles are 'too many' for an 06. One of the SC's I've seen has 60k miles but the price is pretty good. Is that too many miles?

3 - should I get an extended warranty? I've read several posts about EW's and all I got was a headache.

4 - how much should I expect to pay for an EW?

Anything else I should consider?

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I paid 32,500 for mine with 39000 miles right off of corporate lease.. I feel that I got a great deal as most prices were going for 36, I wouldn't pay more then 38 for a similar supercharged model

·
Registered
285 Posts
My 2002 HSE has done just over 126,000 miles and still going strong.

I'd recommend you get a warranty though....it's bound to come in handy!

Good luck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So as far as this 06 SC goes, it looks like I can get it w/ the 60k miles for about the same price as a low mileage standard version. I guess I'm just trying to decide and get some advice on weather it's safe to get an SC with that many miles or go for a lower mileage standard model. I really like the SC and that is wear I am leaning.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I just bought a 06 HSE with Luxury package and entertainment. Mine had 37,700 miles and I looked for 6 months. I ended up changing the grill and side vents to the supercharged and changed the wheels to 20 SC chrome.

My only advice that I can give is that whatever you buy, you will definitely want to see and touch and drive the truck. I found one online and everything was great and described by the seller to be perfect. I made the deal contingent upon me seeing the truck. I drove 4 hours to pick the truck up and test drove the truck and everything was checking out. The truck was fully loaded, luxury and entertainment package. I ran the carfax before going to see it and the only red flag was the truck spent it's life (one owner) in NY.

I was getting ready to close on the deal and crawled up under the truck and WOW!!!! The entire chasis was rusted out and every weld joint was rusted!!!!! I immediately backed out of the deal and kept looking and finally found my truck that I ended up buying.

The point of the story and what I learned is not to buy one on the internet unless I could lay my hands on it. Hope this helps. Do your research and you will find a cherry!!!

Good luck and Cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts