RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2006 RR. 3 of the four headrests have the seam hanging down from the inside of the headrest. I asked the seller and he said they just fall out. I already have a 2006 RR and mine have never fallen out. My oldest son said, "Dad I have seen on TV that that's where people stash drugs". Interesting. :shock: Anybody have any advice on how to fix this?

Also, the seller never ran premium. I always run premium in mine. Any issue with switching over to premium. It has 50k miles on it.

Thank you.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I'm sure any upholstery shop should be able to fix the seams. So you have 2 '06 RRs?

Should have no problems switching to premium. Do you have the hse or the sc?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HSE for both. One black and one white. It's not so much a seam issue as the black plastic on the seam won't stay up inside the headrest

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIV / L405
2 Posts
I had two of mine do this on my 06. I dropped them off at a local shop and they said the locking plastic seam was broken so i told them to fix it however they could. They Tucked the edges up inside with glue under material and stapled the edges down. Looks as good as new. They said they had a $50 min charge, so thats what i paid

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Upon further inspection my issue is a little different The locking plastic seems are fine. Is the pastic they hook onto that is part of the form that is broken. For the life of me I cannot figure out how all four are broken. The covers are all in perfect condition. Its the forms that are broken. Not sure what do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts