RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After not driving my vehicle for a week or so it is now sitting on the lowest suspension setting. All of the lights on the control knob and height setting are dark. The controls do nothing. I tried reseting by turning the wheel from full lock to full lock but nothing happend. There are no warning messages on the dash. I checked the 'secret menu' and it is also showing no warning codes. I've checked ALL the fuses (in the glovebox and rear fusebox) but they all seem fine. I also replaced the relay in the rear fusebox but it does not make a difference. I checked the wiring under the rear seats as I had seen a video about some shorting issues but everything seems fine. I removed the spare and the compressor cover and everything seems to be in good order with no obvious damaged or loose wires. The car is sitting evenly (perhaps a little higher at the back) and It is obviously something electrical but I can't think of what else to check. It's over 100 miles to the nearest LR dealer and my experience with them in the past would be that they would probably charge me $1000's and just change the entire suspension system. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
291 Posts
Does compressor kick in when you start the car? Any fault codes?

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
291 Posts
Is your battery voltage ok? If you have a battery charger, consider leaving it on a car for a day or two and see if there's a change. Are you able to communicate with all control units on the car?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I charged the batter (it was 11.88v) and it's now over 12v. I checked all of the fuses again using a circuit tester but no difference. Not sure how to communicate with the control units (I don't have a scanner/code checker) but there are no warning on the dash and nothing on the "hidden menu" on the Nav display.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SOLVED: Took it to a local garage that had a scanner and they reset the system and it returned to normal. They then recalibrate the system to make sure and now it seems fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts