RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 TDV8 Vogue, my question is how do i integrate a DVD player. I currently have the standard set up and can watch TV whilst parked I just wondered if it is possible to find a way to input a source from a 12v DVD player?

·
Administrator
27,805 Posts
The short answer is to install an input source switch for your TV tuner and DVD to share the existing input to your monitors. The long answer is to see if you hvae available inputs in your system to simply add the DVD. Either way it should be a simple task.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the rapid response, i only have the one screen in the front? I presume the tuner is in the boot on the left hand side? how would i do this? has it been done previously?

·
Administrator
27,805 Posts
inputs are inputs. If this is a factory system then you most likely don;t have additional inputs available. Visit your local car audio shop and they can show you what needs to be added for an input switch. It would be no different than choosing VHS vs DVD on an older home system. Another option with older systems is that most people just removed their analogue TV tuners to free up the input and replaced it with DVD when analogue went off the air.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, my tv works fine which seems strange for a 2006 unless it had the digital upgrade by a previous owner?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts