Range Rovers Forum banner

2006 conversion

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  weimaraner73 
#1 ·
I upgraded my 2004 RR to the 2006 facelift spec i.e new style bumper , all in one headlights etc. I done this about a year ago but have a problem that has bugged me since !!

when I fitted the new headlights all seemed fine apart from there being about a 15mm gap between the side of the headlight unit and the front wing. In other words if you look at my car side on there is an ugly gap between the lights and wing. Originally I thought that this was normal but recently my mate has purchased a 2007 Rangerover and upon close inspection his headlight is completely flush with the leading edge of the front wing....mine is not and looks like cr@p...

Has anyone else had this problem when doing the conversion and if so, how do you rectify it ?

Thanks
Barry

#4 ·
Yes, I cut this right back with the grinder but the lamp will not go far enough back so that it is flush with the wing. I think I am going to strip the whole thing down again and see what the obstruction is, I think the headlight must be catching on something. I will post pictures if I have any problems and post back on here.

Thanks
Barry

#6 ·
No, The battery drain issue has always been there even before doing the conversion. The thought did cross my mind that the new headlights etc may be adding to the battery drain issues. Booked into the auto sparks (Taylors) on Friday so hopefully they will get to the bottom of this once and for all................

Cheers
Barry

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.