RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI

I am finding three specific faults on my 2006 HSE (US Spec but in Bahrain)

1) When idling with the AC on (most of the time as it gets to 50 degC here!) the compressor can be heard grumbling very loudly and 'kicks' in and out making the revs drop for half a second every 30 or 40 seconds- is this normal?

2) On part throttle the revs of the car flucturate. So you can be doing a constant 30mph but as soon as the car goes under load( e.g up an incline), the engine surges up and down about 300 revs

3) When parking and turning the steering wheel (only at low speeds) I feel a juddering through the steering as if it is suddenly and momentarly loosing power. Almost like the power steering belt is loose and slipping (its not!)

Anyone else with these issues? Any cures as my dealer is totally useless!

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,369 Posts
Regarding the second part of your question (transmission surge & rev. fluctuation) the ZF troubleshooting guide for the 6HP26 has a section titled "Surge on acceleration under light load" further described as "Vehicle can be felt to surge and tachometer needle fluctuates". Does this sound the same as what you are experiencing?

The 'cure' is defined as "Carry out double flush action" which means draining & refilling the transmission fluid, run the engine for 3 minutes, and then drain & refill again.

Phil

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats exactly it. Is there a an official technical service bulletin by Land Rover or is this issued by ZF. My dealer has an idiot service manager who is dismissive of all faults even where they are plainly in front of him.. His usual reaction is 'they all do this'. Drives me nuts!

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,369 Posts
I'm not sure if this issue made it to a TSB - there have certainly been TSBs issued for the 6HP26 but these related to harsh 1-2 and 2-1 shifts and also to a driveline clonk.
I don't think we can attach files to PMs but if you want to PM your e-mail address to me I'll send you the ZF troubleshooting guide.

Phil

(I'm assuming you have the 6-speed box as your L322 is a 2006 model)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Regarding PART-I, I have the same with mine AC. And its normal.
AC is ON for 30 sec, than off for 10 sec, and then again ON.

Regarding PART-II, you'll need try to reset Adaptive settings of your transmission.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Not sure if this is related but:

When travelling under light load through say Roadworks at 40-50mph I notice a slight surging with the rev counter moving a little up and down. Hardly noticeable but its there and seems to be more pronounced on a cold engine/gearbox.

I have the 6-Speed Jaguar Combo on a 2006 Model.

Do you think it needs the Double flush treatment or is this just a sign that it might in the future?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Regarding the revs going up and down you might check an old thread titled "throttle hunting". Mine does the same thing although I find it settles down after holding constant throttle like on the highway. Dealer couldn't find anything wrong with mine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts