RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

My 90k mile SC is getting to the point I think it needs a gearbox rebuild. Can anyone recommend someone in England (I am in the midlands) who they would highly recommend for the job. I am happy to remove the box and deliver just the box or deliver the whole car (it is still very drivable) for the company to remove, rebuild and refit. I am also willing to travel to ensure I get someone who does the job right.

Thanks,

Rob.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Does anyone have contact details for RRPhil?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Understand, but last time I tried to PM it wouldn't let me. Do you have to be a member for so long or have a min number of posts?

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,341 Posts
Hi Rob,

I only work on the ZF 5-speed units (5HP24) I'm afraid. What is the transmission doing that makes you think it's due for a rebuild?

Phil

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Phil. Its locking in 3rd when it gets warm (usually in traffic). It's a soft lock (resets with ign off/on). Before I changed the oil and filter I did get a 3rd to 4th shift hard code a couple of times and i was getting the 2nd to 1st trans slam. Now the oil is fresher and the filter is new, it changes fine and 2nd to 1st is good too, but it has soft locked a couple of times since (once after a 50 mile drive when we hit traffic). It also feels like its hunting as you drive (although you cant really see it on the rev counter). Leads me to suspect its bush wear/leakage causing it to slip. Cars done 90k miles and the oil was dirty. Its hard to tell if it smelt burnt as it smells bad when its new!

What are your thoughts? If you agree its a rebuild, do you know anyone you would recommend? I've fixed everything else except leaking rear screen washer (done the brakes, fixed reverse camera and park sensors, serviced it and started to clean it. My intention is to keep it for many years (had my XC90 T6 for nearly 9 years now), so I want it right so we can tow our 23ft caravan.

Thanks for any ideas you offer.

Rob

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The only code it had last time I read it was a 3rd to 4th shift fault.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts