RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a late year 2005 RR HSE, and I am trying to install a H-K ipod direct connection. Ran the wired cable to the left rear, where I heard the radio was located, but found nothing that looks like the radio. There is the H-K audio unit with the optical white cables but no antenna.
Is there another place I should be looking?

Any information is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
calves2997 said:
I have a late year 2005 RR HSE, and I am trying to install a H-K ipod direct connection. Ran the wired cable to the left rear, where I heard the radio was located, but found nothing that looks like the radio. There is the H-K audio unit with the optical white cables but no antenna.
Is there another place I should be looking?

Any information is appreciated.
Amazed you did not look for the unit first!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anyone else can give me the location of the radio module, so I can plug my ipod connect through the vehicle's antenna?

·
Registered
33 Posts
If it is like the 2003, you need to remove the floorboard on the left side of the cargo area to gain access to the radio module.

·
Registered
11 Posts
On the NAS 2005 RR, the radio is located behind the touchscreen. You have to remove the top of the dash to get to it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is all that I have to do to remove the top of the dash to remove all of the Torx screws on the top of the dash? I have the upgraded leather package.
Thanks,
Carlos

·
Registered
11 Posts
No, you have to remove both end caps where the vents are (called upper finishers in the RAVE). There are 11 Torx screws holding the dash pad in place, the 2 end ones are covered by the end caps.

·
Administrator
27,822 Posts
It sounds like you need to download RAVE from the internet. 2005 is still covered and RAVE will give you pictures and step by step directions. :thumb:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great thanks for all the information.
I did get the RAVE and have taken out the top fascia and touchscreen and have found the radio hidden behind there. Took out the bracket and exposed the aerial input to it.
It does not look like a usual aerial adapter and my H-K Ipod connector will not fit into it.
Does anyone know what kind of adapter I need, and where I find it?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
471 Posts
Didn't see this until today, sorry you had to go this far. The antenna can be accessed in the access panel on the left in the boot (trunk) area. It uses an adapter for BMWs or VWs (I think). There was no need to tear your dashboard apart. I have the HK Ipod unit and used the direct FM connection in this manner.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Sorry, that question was directed to calves2997. "did you get the ipod adapter working?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts