RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm at my wits end trying to figure out whats going on with my RR.

It all started with an oil leak at the oil filter, then went to strut replacement and now won’t start at all. The vehicle has been down since December and I'm at a complete loss what to try next.

Battery isn’t new but I’ve recently had it tested and was told it was a good battery. I have replaced the starter relay but have no power to the hot side. When I put power to it, it will crank over but still won’t start. I've checked all the fuses and they test good.

The key started out not turning, I have since made a step forward and the key will now turn every time, But u have to turn it all the way back again it won’t let u go from position 2 to 3 without going all the way back again first.

Is it possible that me jacking up the car to replace the air strut caused something in the alarm system to disable the engine?

I’ve watched videos on the ECU reset but it still won’t start, but does crank. When I parked it back in December I lost the gas cap that day. I have since ordered and replaced the gas cap, would this set off some kinda code for it not to start?

I’d really appreciate it if someone could give me some advice / direction on what to try next.

·
Registered
289 Posts
You need to check 3 things. Fuel Air Spark. Got fuel and fuel pressure? Fuel pump running ok? Fuel pump relay in cargo panel ok? Got enough fuel in the tank? How are the spark plugs looking? Pull them and check. If it cranks then problem is not the key imo. Also make sure battery is 100% charged. No less. Because these trucks dont like sitting around and a weak battery is a no go.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts