RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday my "Air Suspension Inactive" warning came on. Over the past few months my "Check Side Light" warning has been coming on and off - After reading through these forums, I see the side light warning is not a big issue - I am hoping someone has had the "Air Suspension Inactive" issue before and can help me diagnose - Thanks!

·
Registered
192 Posts
You can search on your topic and find quite a bit of useful information. I'm intrigued as your post says you have an 05 Sport, but your location says you are in the US. Did you mean you have an 06 RRS Sport? Anyhow, getting back to your problem, can you hear your compressor run when you first crank the truck? Even though the light comes on, are you able to raise and lower the vehicle at least once before you run out of air in the compressor tank? Is the compressor the original one? If the answer to all these questions is yes, it is likely the desiccant in the air drier attached to the compressor is caked-up and preventing the compressor from filling the storage tank. The compressor will automatically shut off if the motor temp gets too high. In the case of a fouled air drier this takes about 20 seconds after starting the vehicle. The drier is a $100 part, but many dealers will only replace the whole compressor--for significantly more $$.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts