RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am the proud new owner of a 2005 Range Rover HSE and I just joined the forum. I have searched this forum and all over the internet but I can’t seem to find a definite answer regarding the compatibility of the Eonon aftermarket stereo/GPS system and my particular year Rover. Here’s a link to the product in question...

Obviously, it advertises that it fits only the 2003-2004 L322 models but it seems that they are referring to the model with the BMW platform and that is exactly what I have in my 2005?

I know the Range Rover switched over to a Jaguar motor and Ford began manufacturing them in 2006, possibly some of the 2005 models? I really want to install this but I need to verify the compatibilty or if anyone can tell me a way to verify this info., checking my vehicle for certain harness connectors or lack of, etc...

Hopefully someone on this forum can give me more information about the compatibilty of this product or another aftermarket solution. Thanks

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
413 Posts
Will not work with the 05. The 03 and 04 do not have touchscreen infotainment but 05 does. Different can bus systems and fiber optics used in the 05.

Reactions: pontoon

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for clarifying this, what options do I have for connecting a backup camera to the factory system? What options are available to stream music from my iPhone through the factory bluetooth connection? Is there not a plug and play harness out there to add these two features to the factorg head unit? This vehicle is 15 years old, to be sure somebody has done this modification?

·
Registered
413 Posts
Here are a couple of threads to start you off. Plenty of threads in this forum if you are eager to read on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here are a couple of threads to start you off. Plenty of threads in this forum if you are eager to read on.

I just wanted to follow up with a music streaming, via bluetooth, option that I found and have successfully installed on my 2005 Range Rover HSE. I purchased this adapter from fleabay:

If your capable of removing the factory head unit, this module provides a fiberoptic splitter (3-way) that connects this module to the CD changer and factory navigation screen. It allows you to stream music with your smart phone pretty seamlessly. It has multiple input options, bluetooth, USB input, and also has a 3.5mm audio plug-in. It even came with it’s own microphone for hands free calling.

The best things about this particular option is, the cost is affordable, the use of steering wheel controls is retained, the streaming and hands free calling is pretty seamless, and the song/artist is even displayed on the factory LCD screen. Obviously, these vehicles are far behind on music streaming technology and it’s sad that one must go to this much trouble to integrate bluetooth music streaming but from what I’ve found on this forum and others as well, not many people follow up with an actual working solution.

I wanted to share my experience, an actual working, tested, and reasonable solution with anyone else that owns a Range Rover who finds themselves in my situation. I can’t go without my music, I spend the majority of my time traveling and for me, this was a big game changer.

·
Registered
L322 - 2005, 2006 na, 2012 sc
72 Posts
I bought the exact same Mr12v unit and learned the hard way that it must be installed directly behind the factory head unit - I tried to connect it in the boot in place of the factory bluetooth and in-line with the factory bluetooth module, neither worked. I figured it was a bus and didn't matter where in the ring you put it, it does matter.

So I have yet to install it. Out of curiosity, where did you put the unit and is it accessible once installed. It has an 'aux' input, usb and microsd slot which would all be worthless if you can't access them once the unit is installed.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I just wanted to follow up with a music streaming, via bluetooth, option that I found and have successfully installed on my 2005 Range Rover HSE. I purchased this adapter from fleabay:

If your capable of removing the factory head unit, this module provides a fiberoptic splitter (3-way) that connects this module to the CD changer and factory navigation screen. It allows you to stream music with your smart phone pretty seamlessly. It has multiple input options, bluetooth, USB input, and also has a 3.5mm audio plug-in. It even came with it’s own microphone for hands free calling.

The best things about this particular option is, the cost is affordable, the use of steering wheel controls is retained, the streaming and hands free calling is pretty seamless, and the song/artist is even displayed on the factory LCD screen. Obviously, these vehicles are far behind on music streaming technology and it’s sad that one must go to this much trouble to integrate bluetooth music streaming but from what I’ve found on this forum and others as well, not many people follow up with an actual working solution.

I wanted to share my experience, an actual working, tested, and reasonable solution with anyone else that owns a Range Rover who finds themselves in my situation. I can’t go without my music, I spend the majority of my time traveling and for me, this was a big game changer.
Good find! Thanks for coming back to update.

·
Registered
185 Posts
This info is wrong it WILL work in your car and any ff up until 2009 but you need a specific thin unit like the erisin 10.25 with no cd drive and you need a rca to most adapter and a couple of harnesses - I have a diy on ffrr

·
Registered
413 Posts
This info is wrong it WILL work in your car and any ff up until 2009 but you need a specific thin unit like the erisin 10.25 with no cd drive and you need a rca to most adapter and a couple of harnesses - I have a diy on ffrr
Which info is incorrect?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Where you said it will not work with an 05 it will you just need a different harness and a most interface I’ve done it myself

·
Registered
413 Posts
Where you said it will not work with an 05 it will you just need a different harness and a most interface I’ve done it myself
It would be nice if you post details on part numbers and point of purchase for others to know. Otherwise no one really knows because there is a lack of info.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Hi, I am the proud new owner of a 2005 Range Rover HSE and I just joined the forum. I have searched this forum and all over the internet but I can’t seem to find a definite answer regarding the compatibility of the Eonon aftermarket stereo/GPS system and my particular year Rover. Here’s a link to the product in question...

Obviously, it advertises that it fits only the 2003-2004 L322 models but it seems that they are referring to the model with the BMW platform and that is exactly what I have in my 2005?

I know the Range Rover switched over to a Jaguar motor and Ford began manufacturing them in 2006, possibly some of the 2005 models? I really want to install this but I need to verify the compatibilty or if anyone can tell me a way to verify this info., checking my vehicle for certain harness connectors or lack of, etc...

Hopefully someone on this forum can give me more information about the compatibilty of this product or another aftermarket solution. Thanks
This is what you need , see link below.. it will allow you to use your iPhone and or connect to satelight radio globally if you subscribe to sirius xm, Its called the Navtool interphase.
land-rover-range-rover-2005-2009-main-category.aspx

1 - 14 of 14 Posts