RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
I have a 2005 full size HSE 4.4. I was driving on the freeway the other day and the car went into transmission failsafe mode, the HDC became inactive, and the battery light went on. I got it home and when I went back to the car the next morning the battery was dead. I had the battery checked by Pep Boys and they said it was okay and it just needed a recharge, but when I put it back in the battery died again after one day. I then had the battery replaced under warranty and the same thing happened with the new battery. When I put the new battery in I started it and it drove fine, the transmission was shifting perfectly and everything was smooth. The transmission failsafe mode was gone and the only light I had was the battery light. After about twenty minutes of driving the car went back into transmission failsafe mode. I checked the battery voltage with my diagnostic device as I was driving and the voltage was rising and staying around twelve, so I'm thinking that it's not the alternator. I would appreciate any suggestions you guys have!

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,369 Posts
The battery voltage should be around 14V with the engine running. Sounds like a charging (alternator) issue to me.

Phil

1 - 2 of 2 Posts