RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks ago a light came on i my dash "Transferbox neutral" but it went off immediatly.

Today I was doing about 85 miles an hour and I lost all transmission functions. So I pulled over and placed the vehicle in neutral and shut the car off and restarted it. Tried to place the car in DRIVE and you can hear something under the front dash grinding pretty bad (sounds like something inside is spinning but not actually applying power to any of the wheels...

So I placed the car in NEUTRAL then placed it in REVERSE same thing, just grinds or spins with out giving any power to the car. So I had to tow the vehicle.

My problem is I am 330 miles away from a dealer. So I took it to a transmission shop to be looked at tomorrow?

Any idea what might have gone out? Hopefully something very simple such as a Ujoint or driveshaft???

Car has 59,000 miles. Has a new motor put in about 8,000 miles ago.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure if it has, I took it into the dealer with 49,000 miles to have some work done and they didn't mention anything about it or to have it done? What does it entail? I did a search and didn't find much.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,369 Posts
Didn't find much :shock: ?

If you look at the 3rd & 4th threads down on the index page they have nearly 600 posts & 125,000 views between them - all about the front propshaft spline failure problem & the subsequent recall.

Phil

1 - 5 of 5 Posts