RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am hopefully nearing the end of my RR timing chain guide adventure. With not a lot of spare time to work on the Rover, I fell behind when I had to circle back around to redo the top end timing. In the process when pulling off the electrical box atop the driver-side valve cover, several of the little brown connector wires pulled out of the plastic connectors. None thankfully on the passenger side.

For anyone who has encountered this, is there a strategy for getting the wire to stay in the connector? I can get it to slide in but it does not stay. I was thinking about glueing it in?

·
Administrator
27,801 Posts
The pins have retaining barbs that hold them in the connector. If you have damaged or broken the barbs off you are going to have a heck of a time getting them to staying place well enough to make firm contact.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was afraid of that. I am thinking glue may end up being my option. I can get the little connector to slide in the appropriate spot, but like you stated, its not staying.

·
Premium Member
1,309 Posts
If you're talking about the injector wire going onto the actual injector, several break off when I do the job on whatever vehicle, and I just push them on with no issues ever.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts