RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
Hoping somebody can help me out with a problem I’m having with my 2004 Range Rover. When I’m driving at a consistent cruising speed with low rpms (doesn’t seem to matter what gear) there’s an intermittent hum/groan noise. Occasionally there’s a shudder but that doesn’t happen as often. When I’m accelerating there’s no issue and when I’m on the highway at cruising speeds there’s no issue. It just seems to be between 25-55mph at low rpm. If I go under and disconnect the transfer case shift actuator the noise goes away. However of course I want it connected. Took it to a couple local independent shops and they weren’t much help. No lights on the dash, no codes, everything else works great. Thanks in advance!
-Cheers,
Brad

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had what appears to be the same issue on my 2004 RR at 140K miles. A transmission fluid/filter change helped and all vibration ceased. At 166K experienced vibration at low revs accompanied by shudder, a new torque converter fitted and truck runs smooth. Suggest a transmission fluid/filter change every 75K. Now have 225K without issues. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had what appears to be the same issue on my 2004 RR at 140K miles. A transmission fluid/filter change helped and all vibration ceased. At 166K experienced vibration at low revs accompanied by shudder, a new torque converter fitted and truck runs smooth. Suggest a transmission fluid/filter change every 75K. Now have 225K without issues. Hope this helps.
Hey thanks! Much appreciated! I’ll certainly look into that!
cheers,
Brad

1 - 3 of 3 Posts