RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.. One of my low beam lights is out on my 2004 Range Rover. Is there a particular brand and model you all would recommend as a replacement? I was going to swing by autozone in the morning to buy but can order online if I need to. This will be my first time replacing the bulb. Can someone tell me the model and do I need to take the entire headlight out to replace?

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,950 Posts
what kind of headlamps do you have?
HID or halogen?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe they are Halogen. How would I tell? I have not done any upgrades. They have always been replaced by the dealer. Figured I would do them this time around.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
correction, they are acutally HID bulbs. Im trying to decide which to buy. Here are 2 that I found on amazon. Let me know what you guys think or what you would recommend and where to buy.
this one is what is currently running in the vehicle:

https://www.amazon.com/Philips-Standard-Authentic-Xenon-Headlight/dp/B01317Y612?th=1

saw good reviews on these as well:

https://www.amazon.com/OSRAM-D2S-CBI-Intense-Headlight/dp/B00KTHP9BE/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_263_tr_t_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=Y0H499BV7G0NX9F5681F

·
Administrator
27,818 Posts
Hello all.. One of my low beam lights is out on my 2004 Range Rover. Is there a particular brand and model you all would recommend as a replacement? I was going to swing by autozone in the morning to buy but can order online if I need to. This will be my first time replacing the bulb. Can someone tell me the model and do I need to take the entire headlight out to replace?
If one is out replace both as they yellow with age. We didn't have HID in 2004. Low beam and high beam are both halogen H7 here in the NAS market. Pull one out and check if it's 2 prog, single element. The fluting within the head lamp assembly aims them differently You can pick up a 2 pack of Sylvania Xtra Vision H7 at Walmart for under $20 or about $25 at Oreilly's

·
Administrator
27,818 Posts
must be late 2004 then because the 2005 manual lists bi xenon have you swapped the ballasts or bulbs to make sure it's bulb?

·
Registered
385 Posts
My 2004 has HID bulbs for the headlights. High beams are halogen. Osram 6000K are OEM bulb (watch out for counterfeit on eBay).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts