Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting codes 1170 & 1173 on my 04 RR. The truck runs perfectly. I replaced all 4 O2 sensors and checked the PVC hoses. I can clear the codes and go 50, 100 or 500 miles before rhe codes reappear. FRUSTRATING!

ANY help much appreciated!

Automotive parking light Car Automotive side marker light Vehicle Plant

PS I have had the truck 3 months and disappointed. The previous original owner had done the timing chain with guides/tensioner, preventative head gasket replacement, conversion to coil overs, and all maintainence service. It's a nice garaged from new truck, but this sensor code is frustrating!

Richard

·
Registered
2007 Range Rover 4.2 SC V8
183 Posts
I hope you're frustrated and not disappointed... You buy these vehicles to drive and chase faults.. not in that order either.
You replaced o2 sensors, did you replace with correct types? Upstream and downstream are not the same. Did you clear adaptation values after doing so?

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm disappointed and frustrated! I have heard about Range Rover reliabilty but was thinking this one had a better chance of being "together" as it was dealer maintained. I installed the correct OEM sensors from the dealership. The dealer said they did a "master reset" after the O2 installation. I also had a smoke test done to see if there was an exhaust leak. Still no joy! Can the CEL bulb be removed? As mentioned, the truck runs perfectly with excellent gas mileage.

·
Registered
2007 Range Rover 4.2 SC V8
183 Posts
But you also have a rrc? Or did? I don't trust dealerships at all. Even indie shops... what are the live values from the o2 sensors reading? Have you confirmed your cats are working correctly?

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
387 Posts

also check your cats:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts