Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2004 Range Rover Akebono Brake Pads ONLY squeal when Brakes pressed lightly

Just replaced my brake pads and rotors about a month ago.. went with Brembo Coated rotors and Akebono pads. Very quiet and NO brake dust. Loving them so far... until I noticed squealing the last couple of days. No squeaks when stopping completely. But when slowing down in traffic and tapping the brakes lightly, there is a slight squeal. I applied the Mercedes brake paste to the back of the pads when they were installed. Anyone experienced this problem? Anything I can do to stop it?? Thanks.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
494 Posts
Re: 2004 Range Rover Akebono Brake Pads ONLY squeal when Brakes pressed lightly

Nope and Akibono is all I use. I did experience squealing once but that was after off road driving... Blast your calipers with some water for a few seconds. Should clear it up???

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
115 Posts

When caliper is cold or slightly warm?

Nope and Akibono is all I use. I did experience squealing once but that was after off road driving... Blast your calipers with some water for a few seconds. Should clear it up???

·
Registered
494 Posts

When cooled down.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Same results in morning when cold and once they warm up. Not sure what the issue could be. Wheels have been cleaned so I dont think its that they are dirty. I heard these pads were super quiet and no squeal and that's what I was expecting. Once again its only when slowing down and tapping brakes lightly. Which is weird. Any othet suggestions

·
Registered
494 Posts

Well I suppose first I'd try to determine front or rear, left or right side. Then I'd pull the affected wheel off and see if the pads and rotor are ok... set right and have the anti squeal stuff you put on, clean it up and do it again? But that's me.. BTW I hate squealing brakes too!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Had pads and rotors pulled and check. All were set right, brake paste intact, etc.. Still a freaking light squeal when slowing down. Not everytime though.. very weird.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts